We’ve come a long way this year so as we wrap up 2022, let's take a moment to slow down, reflect and celebrate the ink-credible successes and contributions we’ve had together with you, the community, over the past year. Read below for a few highlights and what we are looking forward to in 2023. We're octi-mistic you will too!
What we’re thankful for this year
- 9,000 stars on Github! Help us reach 10k 😀
- 300+ connectors available to the community, which now makes Airbyte the platform with the most connectors in the industry!
- Community content: 16 articles were written by the community. The most popular blog article (6k+ unique page views!) was Snowflake Data Warehouse Architecture, written by @Madison Mae. The most popular community tutorial was Build a real-time data analytics pipeline with Airbyte, Kafka, and Pinot written by @Dunith with 4k+ unique page views. Our Docs team launched a contributor program and seven technical writers helped us improve the Open-Source Deployment Guides.
- In-person events: The Airbyte team spoke at and sponsored over 15 in-person conferences around the world, and we started organizing a few in-person meetups too! (ping @Karen Bajza-Terlouw in slack if you want to organize one in your city!)
- We hosted our first virtual conference, move(data). 3,000+ folks signed up virtually from over 72 countries worldwide, with 39 speakers.
- Hacktoberfest: What a success this year! Over 100 connectors were built and shoutout to @Haithem Souala who built a total of 15 connectors alone!
- 900+ responses to our State of Data Engineering Survey. This is the largest survey on that topic in the industry. Full results to come early 2023!
- Growing Slack Community - Crossing 11k slack users! Video highlight
- Airbyte Cloud - We launched our first paid offer with Airbyte Cloud, and now offer Bring Your Own Cloud for those that want to keep their data in their own infrastructure.
- Airbyte team growth - We grew from 30 employees to over 100 Airbyte employees. 🚀
Michel here, Jean and I are excited to close out an amazing year for Airbyte as we continue laying the foundation of the data movement. Here are a few things we’re excited about in the new year.
- Speed and reliability - You’re going to see a lot of improvements on speed and reliability of the platform and the database connectors. Check out our public roadmap for details of what’s to come.
- Ubiquitous pipelines - We will continue our efforts to cover the long tail of connectors.
- 💜 Community Contributors - We’re fortunate to work with so many amazing community contributors, we’re looking forward to strengthening existing relationships and welcoming newcomers. Our hope is to help more and more people adopt better data best practices, ultimately making everyone’s day to day a little easier.
- Better tooling for our contributors - Allowing faster development and maintenance of connectors with the low-code CDK and the connector builder UI.
- Continue progress on our split control/ data plane - We can’t wait to start bringing early customers on our split control/data plane (read more here) in order to address the movement of the most sensitive type of data. More to come!
On behalf of everyone here at Airbyte, thank you for your passion and commitment to open source. With your help, we’re fostering and growing the biggest community around data integration. We can’t wait to see what 2023 brings!